Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Flashpoint

TJ Says...This is a new CBS Summer show about a sniper police team. 2 reasons why I wanted to watch this show. The first, it's about snipers. Cool. The second, it's got the dad from Veronica Mars on it, and I like that dude.

So the first 15-20 mins of the show sucked me in with police action, sniper action, some Russian dude taking a hostage. I'm interested. Then the obvious sniper kill. Then for the rest of the show it was man dealing with sniper death. BOOOOOOORING. First, shouldn't he be prepared for this already? I mean, he's not playing patty cake. What'd he think was going to happen?

Seriously, this show sounds a lot cooler than the first episode actually was.

TJ's Review...I'm going to watch it one more time, just based on the premis, but it better not be as boring as it was, or I AM OUT!

Chad says: Yeah seriously, how do you screw up a show about snipers? Well CBS figured it out - have them investigate a sniper after he follows orders and shoots someone. Yeesh. You open with that episode? Come on dudes.

I watched the second episode and it was better. Turns out the show isn't about snipers, it's about a hostage negotiation team that happens to have LOTS of snipers on the team. The second episode was just talking down some dude that was holding people hostage in a hospital.

So as it turns out it's less Tom Beringer Sniper and more Kevin Spacey, The Negotiator minus Spacey or Samuel L. Jackson (which with SLJ is a good thing these days). At any rate I'm watching it in a case-by-case basis right now.

Chad's Review: it hasn't lost me yet but only b/c Wipeout isn't on the same night.

No comments: