Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Death Race

Chad Says...I always get incredible joy out of any movie that meets my required ratio of explosions to scenes 50:1.

Seriously. You like action? You like speed? Done and done. Jason Statham is my new hero. I bet in real life if he walked into a room everyone would gasp and get real quiet. Then you'd turn around and look at him and you'd see doves flying behind him in slow motion.

Gritty. Fast-paced. Hot. Me likey. This was just a fun movie to watch. I didn't walk away feeling smarter. But I did walk away wanting to punch stuff. Mission accomplished Death Race. I salute you, sir.

Chad's Review...put that much action in a trailer and you can call it, "Sisterhood of the Traveling Ya-ya" and it get's not only a viewing but a thumbs up.

TJ Says...I saw the preview for this at Wanted and was immediately in. If I could have bought a ticket then and there, I would have. Then I was told that this was a remake of Sly Stallone's "Death Race 2000", and that it's a 70's cult classic. That took a little shine off the rose, but I was still in.

First, let me say, you don't go see this movie for it's great acting. Good thing too, because the acting was definately sub par. Tyrese Gibson needs to stick to looking good and get out of movies. He's got nothin.

With that being said, you go see this movie because of the action potential. This movie fulfilled that expecation to the max. It was awesome. It was 2 hours of high speed action with stuff and people gettin blown up. I was highly entertained and not bored at all. The lady from Bourne was great as the evil Biotch/prison warden. I wanted her dead immediately. Jason Statham is one bad mofo in any movie he's been in, and does a great job in this movie too.

TJ's Review...If you want to see stuff blow up, go see this movie now. Well worth the $10 spent. Also, go ahead and get your tickets for "The Transporter 3", it was previewed before Death Race, and it looks good. Although, does "The Transporter" need to be a trilogy? I guess so, since I'll see all 3 of em.

No comments: