Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fringe

Chad Says...I never watched X Files but have a feeling this is basically that show except it's just going to take every side of science that's unproven and use it as fact.

The show was good but not great by any means. Every other first episode of JJ Abrams show had me from the first episode (Alias, Lost) but this one just left me thinking, "yeah that was pretty cool".

I have a feeling it's just going to be a story that builds to a big event and either will or will not pay off. I'll watch the entire first season.

Chads Reveiw...very lukewarm. Something's going to need to happen that reels me in.

Chad's prediction...it'll make it a full season and people will get frustrated with it at someone point in the second season.
TJ Says...So this looks interesting with JJ Abrams writing/producing it. This show stars Pacey from Dawson's Creek (yeah, you watched it too) and that's the only person I recognized.

The show is basically a new FBI X Files without everything weird being caused by "aliens". There's a dude that's really creepy heading up the "joint task force" (By the way, is it really this easy to get JTF's now?...i guess it's all due to 9/11). There's the obligatory way too hot for the FBI chick that's semi-rogue and will do anything to figure out what's ailing her boyfriend (she seems awfully commited to a dude she just said "I love you" too). Anyways. There's several holes in the plot and a lot of leaps of faith in the technology department.

All that being said, It was a little slow and I was out...until the twist at the end. It sucked me in.

TJ's Review...I'll watch it again. Hopefully it speeds up.

TJ's Prediction...This will make it a full season.

No comments: