Saturday, February 7, 2009

Paul Blart Mall Cop

Chad Says...I enjoy Kevin James' sense of humor and wanted to like this movie. Problem is it really wasn't that funny. The trailer was though. I was surprised to read that he co-wrote this. Because it really was just ok-funny. Long periods of non-funny to the point that my son (whom I brought with me on this comedy endeavor) kept asking me, "When is this going to be funny?" Awe.

Once the action kicked in it got funny but outside of that it was really bland. He really had zero supporting cast (outside of a segway) and it was reliant on him to drum up all the comedy. And there was a little bit of it. The jokes about being too depressed to eat but then mentioning that a sloppy joe would be nice was good stuff.

Chad's Review...it was just an okay movie. I might even pass on this one for a rental. Shame on you Kevin James.

TJ Says...Look, I'm a kevin james fan. I thought he was funny in King of Queens, and I thought he was GREAT in Hitch. And this scenerio looked funny, and I thought my wife would like it, so, helllllllo date night.

Story is pretty simple. Mall cop aspires to be realy cop, and without much training or authority saves the mall from a hostile take over. The entire movie is this simple. There are several chuckle moments, and a few laugh out loud moments. I thought Kevin James was good and funny, just not a whole lot to work with around him. My wife enjoyed it, so that was a bonus.

Oh...the best of the co-stars was the WAY over the top pen salesmen. That guy was genius. And I hated him.

TJ's Review...it's worth seeing. Probably just a rental though.

No comments: