Monday, June 23, 2008

Indiana Jones

Chad says...Man I was really looking forward to this movie coming out. After hearing the gay title I thought to myself...it's cool dude. Spielberg's got this. He'll make it legit. The first 30 minutes of the movie I was all, "Sweeeeeeeeet". I started forming question marks over my head when the FBI pulled Indy in and started questioning him. They were talking about his former military records and whatnot. Military? Indy's a treasure hunter, not a former special ops army dude. Then Indy finds the crystal skull. When they first showed this on screen I went, "WHAT?" It looked so dumb I nearly punched the guy next to me and when that guy goes, "What was that for?" I would have said, "That was from George Lucas, he hates you."

Whatever. This movie was horrible. Not, okay. Bad. The stuff I liked (like all of the action sequences) were far out weighed by the aweful story. I even hated Cate Blanchett in this movie and I think she hung the moon.

Chad's review - rent it. But only b/c it's Indiana frickin' Jones. If it were called anything else it would be a joke.

TJ Says...I ,like everyone else, was highly anticipating this movie. It's Indy. But watching it, you realize that Harrison Ford is stinkin old, and his love interest is REALLY old. I mean Harry had to be thinking, "I'm dating someone 30 years my junior, and I get stuck with this in Indiana Jones?!?! I'm firing my agent."

I Thought the first 2/3 of the movie was pretty good. Traditional Indy, beatin peeps up, getting out of tough situations, surviving nuclear blasts in a lead lined fridge, etc. To this point in the movie, it reminded me of Indy one, National Treasure and Indy 3. Then as soon as a russion got eaten by ants, it severly jumped the shark. From that point on, George Lucas put ILM to way overuse and ruined the movie.

TJ's rating...The ending is TERRIBLE and completely ruins the rest of the film. Watch it on ABC in 4 years.

No comments: