Monday, June 23, 2008

The Love Guru

Chad says...Okay let me preface this by saying, I laughed way too much during this movie.

Basically, Mike Meyers loves taking names and making them sound dirty or funny. He does this the entire movie. Every person that has a name in this movie references something gross. Hilarious right?

Also, midgets are a hoot! Verne Troyer has a great sense of humor and Mike Meyers takes FULL advantage of that. Funny stuff. Stephen Colbert puts up a very sub-par performance which was very disappointing for me since I think he's great. Also the graphics they showed before each hockey game of each teams logo attacking each other was really funny.

But Meyers will take a joke and drive it into the ground then stomp on it. Some of the bits go so tired you wanted to say, "Mike. Baby...MOVE ON!"

Chad's review - go see this movie with someone that will giggle like a school boy at it. You'll think it's funnier listening to them laugh.

TJ says...OK...i saw Get Smart first and so I had to compare the funny to that. There are a LOT of one liners that the entire row of teenage boys sitting in front of me thought were hilarious (and as brian can atest, TJ was laughing at them too). But there were no great gags or building jokes. Just A LOT of phallic related jokes (which, hey....they're funny) and people with funny names (Juaques "La Cock" Grande).

I thought J. Timberlake did a really good job of acting. I mean...keep it in perspective...but for a singer/dancer...job well done.

TJ's Review...Funny in an adolesecent way (and I don't mean that as a bad thing)...just lower expectations to that leve.

No comments: